Nishita Store was originally a plantation house dating from around 1920. It was the home of the Kataokas, with his furniture and upholstery shop in the front and family living quarters in rear. The property was sold and Masato Nishita and his wife, Tokie, moved into the property in 1930. Masato was a tailor who enjoyed a reputation as the best one in town. Tokie sewed and had ladies who lived nearby do piecework. The tailor shop was in the front for over 40 years.