Connect

The Church at Kōloa

The Church at Kōloa

The Reverend Peter J. Gulick began the mission in Kōloa in 1834. With no official house of worship, they lived closely with each other in thatched houses and worked on the idea of building a church of their own. In 1837, they built a chapel on the premises where the current church now stands. Its original dimensions where 95 feet in length by 40 feet in width with an 8 foot lanai that went completely around the chapel.