The Yamada Building next to Sueoka Store originally had been built in 1921 but was razed and rebuilt. The front along Kōloa Road is similar to the original, with a shed roof behind a false front that is articulated into three bays by four pilasters and trim boards above a canopy along the entire front. It had various tenants over time, including Tadao “‘Barber” Kawamoto, who gave haircuts to the music of a wind-up Victrola. He set up shop in 1932 and remained until 1983. Because of Tadao’s long occupation and ownership of the Yamada Building (its original name,) it is often called The Kawamoto Building.